Search

Friday, July 2, 2010

Tour Blog 7: On the road again!

So I bought this Internet stick from Future Shop and it’s totally awesome. I can go on the Internet while cruising down the highway, and it’s just as fast as regular wireless! I also tried to buy a thing called a MagicJack which is supposed to give you free phone service over the Internet. It didn’t work though. I had visions of traveling around with a kind of MacGuyver iPhone; hooking up my cordless phone to my laptop. In retrospect though, I would have looked like a total creep or a 1970’s Interpol agent so it’s probably for the best that it didn’t work.

Basically what I’m saying is that I’m live blogging this from Mission Control in the back of the Judge (that’s the name of our new van). So right now you’re getting the straight poop on the Birthday Cakes’ tour from my brain to yours.

I thought I was going to get a bunch of stuff done in the weeks that I had off in Sudbury, but as it turns out I didn’t. One of the things I was hoping to accomplish was to find a place for the fall when I return. I failed to find a place, and it’s kind of weighing on me a little when I think about it. I heard about this guy once who lived in a tent for a whole year on Laurentian University property by moving his tent around every day though, so maybe I can do that if all else fails.

The rest of the Meadowlark Five tour went really well. All in all, I’m pretty surprised about how smoothly the whole thing went to be completely honest. We finished with a little bit of cash in the band fund, so we’ll be able make some new T-shirts in the fall and put some of the money aside to help fund a recording or we could buy some weed plants and start a little grow op. The future is limitless.

I can already tell that the Birthday Cakes’ tour is going to be really fun. Our first two shows in Ottawa and Kingston were a blast. I feel like we’re really starting to find our groove as performers! We had to play for over an hour last night and I just about passed out on stage twice.

Unfortunately, we couldn’t find anyone to look after our dog while we were gone, so we had to take Burton on the road with us. He already ran away once in Ottawa, and we spent an hour looking for him. He’s been pretty well behaved yesterday and today though. I think I’m going to grind some Tylenol 3s up and put them in his food to make sure he stays docile and cooperative.

2 comments:

  1. ...are you seriously touring with a DOG?! that's hilarious/crazy/awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when the Birthday Cakes are playing in the Edmonton area. You should train Burton to take a dump on stage during the final song and then kick it at the crowd! What a performance that would be! Hahaha! PS. Leave this out of the Edmonton show.

    ReplyDelete