Search

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Toronto's actually pretty sweet

I've been in Toronto for the last two weeks judging on an OAC jury for the popular music program. The government flew me down here, along with some other musicians, to listen to submissions and decide whether they were any good.

As I am extremely judgmental, I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two weeks.

One of the jurors, Morgan Doctor, used to play drums in this band called the Cliks. She is super nice and invited all of the other jury members back to her place last night to play Wii and jam. Her house was recently featured on MTV Cribs.

On Wednesday night, I went down to Sneaky Dee's to catch Ancestors, and lo and behold City Sweethearts were playing. City Sweethearts are a band with some members who recently moved away from Sudbury.

This evening, I went down to Yonge Street and tagged along with Morgan to the Deerhoof concert. I got to go backstage and shake the drummer's hand from Deerhoof. It felt pretty awesome to walk out of a crowd of about 300 people and stroll backstage.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Toronto's not so bad, you guys.

3 comments: