Search

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm a beat

I was going to title this blog post "I'm Beat", but decided that "I'm a beat" was a good song lyric and now I'm going to try and write a song around it.

I just started working at Canadian Blood Services call centre and man do I miss being unemployed. Sure, getting money is nice, but I miss the complete lack of responsibility and the sleeping in.

Having said that, as far as call centres go, this place is the cream of the crop. The pay is good, the people are friendly, and it's a pretty low stress work environment.

I went to see Zombieland with Matt Beech the other day and liked it. I'm so bad with anything that is even remotely scary. I'm just super jumpy.

Anyway, Meadowlark Five is playing it's first gig in a while this Friday at Adanac, and on Saturday in North Bay. Here's the poster:



Minto is a super fun band. Check out this video for their song, Broken Down Trainbridge Blues (Lawyers):



It's pretty awesome.

As always, there will be pizza and pop served, and I figured out how to hook my iPod up to the PA so there will be music between the bands.

In addition, as you can see from the poster, Cali Closet in the Southridge Mall is sponsoring this show so there will be prizes courtesy of them and 10% discount cards given away at the door.

The show starts at 6PM and will also feature the local heavy rock and roll band Killing Queens and youngsters Shop Naked.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment